Intermodal freight transport involves the transportation of freight in an intermodal container or vehicle, using multiple modes of transportation (e.g.,rail, ship, and truck), without any handling of the freight itself when changing modes. The method reduces cargo handling, and so improves security, reduces damage and loss, and allows freight to be transported faster. Reduced costs over road trucking is the key benefit for inter-continental use. This may be offset by reduced timings for road transport over shorter distances.
Gain flexibility and competitive pricing for your business with near real-time intermodal transportation rates and the available capacity we provide. On every rail shipment, you can be as hands-on or hands-off as you want, from pickup to delivery. You will have a single point of contact, plus an in-house team of experts to make your intermodal shipping process easy and delivery seamless.
Benefit from Intermodal Transportation
- Obtain competitive and consistent intermodal transportation rates
- Optimize routing and receive instant quotes on most lanes
- Access additional equipment when truckload capacity becomes tight
- Experience a seamless process when shipping by rail
- Choose from additional services, like drop trailer, to meet your business needs
- Minimize your carbon footprint
Benefits of Intermodal Freight Transportation
- The railway system requires less fuel than road transport. Therefore, intermodal shipping lowers costs and contributes to a greener environment.
- North America’s comprehensive rail network makes it possible to send shipments from the Atlantic to the Pacific, and everywhere in between.
- When you need to make additional space on your dock, or prepare and load a shipment over the course of days, dropped intermodal container fees are minimal in comparison to full truckload.